Artlure Team Challenge
We are hosting the second Artlure Teams Challenge (ATC) tournament this year and it looks like it will be one kicker of an event!
ARTLURE TEAMS CHALLENGE: LOSKOP DAM 2016
The second Artlure Teams Challenge (ATC) will be presented by the South African Artificial Lure Angling Association at Loskop Dam on 22 October 2016.
The ATC is a boat fishing tournament where only the bigger fish species are targeted. This is a significant movement away from the traditional artlure tournaments where the focus is on species diversity, and not necessary on big fish.
The ATC is a live weigh-in tournament and with teams weighing a bag of maximum six of any of the target fish species. The target fish species are: bass, catfish, carp, blue kurper, redbreast kurper and makriel. Catch and release is the focus of this tournament.
The top three teams will receive Team Prizes and the individual anglers who caught the biggest of each of the target species will receive species prizes consisting of top quality fishing tackle.
All the income made with this event will be used to finance SAALAA and will help the Executive to grow and maintain competitive Artlure angling in South Africa.
The event will be attended by some of the best artlure and bass anglers from all provinces in South Africa and is also open for social artlure anglers.
Here follows a short summary of the prizes:
Top 3 Team Prizes:
1 st place sponsored by Pure Fishing South Africa, Rugged SA and AFSA/Bass Klobber:
- 2 x Abu Garcia Veracity spinning rods
- 2 x Abu Garcia Revo SX spinning reels
- 2 x Berkley Nanofil line
- 2 x SJCAM SJ5000X Elite Edition Action Cameras
- 2 x custom sublimated fishing shirts
- Retail value: R 17 000
2nd place sponsored by Thornveld Angling:
- 2 x Halo Twilite spinning rods
- 2 x Lews spinning reels
- 2 x Lews braid line
- Retail value: R 5000
3rd place sponsored by The King Fisher:
- 2 x Daiwa Laguna spinning rods
- 2 x Daiwa Laguna spinning reels
- Retail value: R 3000
Best Catch of the Tournament prize is sponsored by Garmin SA:
- Garmin Echo 551 DV fish finder (worth R7500)
Biggest Species Prizes:
Biggest Bass prize sponsored by 13 Fishing South Africa:
- Inception 8.1.1 casting reel
- Omen Black 7.1 ft Medium Heavy casting rod
- Retail value: R4000
Biggest Carp prize to be announced, sponsored by Waft
Biggest Barbel prize to be announced, sponsored by Mias Angling & Scuba Benoni
Biggest Blue Kurper prize to be announced
Biggest Redbreast Kurper prize to be announced, sponsored by Solly’s Angler’s Corner Ophirton
Biggest Makriel receives a Abu Garcia Villain MH 7.2 ft casting rod to the value of R1600, sponsored by World of Fishing and bass.co.za
Biggest Bass Bag (6 bass) prize sponsored by Forever Resorts Loskop Dam
- One weekend’s stay for 2 anglers in one of the 2-sleeper chalets at Forever Resorts Loskop Dam for August 2017 (during the spawn)
- Tackle hamper to the value of R 2000 sponsored by Outdoors 365 Equipment (Spro, Norman, Seaguar, Sunline, Big Bite Baits etc)
- 2 nights accommodation for 6 people at Dajala Game Farm in Rooiberg, accommodation includes all amenities. 1 x Wildebeest cow and 1 x warthog hunting during period of stay. Game drive on Elandsberg Game Reserve during weekend’s stay. Prize valued at R10 000.
- Abu Garcia Droppen spinners
- Go Fish Custom Baits Jigs and Spinnerbaits
- Tackle sponsored by Potch Fish & Camp
First 10 teams to pre-enter receives Venom Lures Blixem underspin and new jig skirts as a prize
Rules and other documents for this tournament can be downloaded under the Documents tab on this website or follow this link and look under ATC: https://www.saalaa.co.za/documents/